Customers are trying to update their cameras over a cellular or WAN connection.
- Ensure the camera is on the latest firmware: https://costarhd.com/Support/Product-Software
- Log in to the camera with admin credentials and click Media > Stream Settings.
- Reduce the resolution.
- Throttle the bandwidth.
- Enable Video Constrained Mode
Click the On button to enable constrained mode for all the RTP over UDP video streams. With H.264 (not JPEG) UDP video in the CBR mode, CostarHD supports a constrained mode of operation. Use the constrained mode to improve the reliability of a video stream over cellular and wireless/radio network.
- Click System > Network Settings.
- Enable NAT Traversal (required when trying to perform updates remotely).