Minumim recommended network speed for upgrade:
- Rise1 package 50,774 KB * 8 bits / 300 (seconds) = 1.354 Mbps
- Rise2 FW 92,940 KB * 8 bits / 300 (seconds) = 2.4784 Mbps
Identify if the camera is a RISE1 or 2 series:
How to tell the difference between RISE 1 and RISE 2 by model number?
- Reboot the camera prior to performing any firmware update.
- Refer to the article on how to obtain firmware files for COHU products Where can I find the latest CostarHD Product software (firmware)?:
- Unzip the file(s).
- On the camera webpage, navigate to system > service > upgrade camera.
- Select the file(s) and upgrade. You may need to browse "all files".
- If the unit is RISE1 you must upload the core package then the rise package.
Core Package: V 4.1.92 >5.2.62
Rise Package: V 4.1.323>5.2.111
- If the unit is RISE2 there is only 1 package to install.
Upgrade path: 1.42.5876> 1.51.6905> 1.60.7486
- If the upgrade fails or hangs, please contact technical support via phone, Zendesk ticket, or email.