The customer/integrator suspects packet loss is occurring at their site.
- Log in to the camera webpage.
- Click System > Support > Network.
- Look at the Send-Q column identified below. It will show active connections. Ideally, the numbers in this column should be as close to 0 as possible.
- If the VMS is using TCP connections and the numbers in this column are gradually increasing, this may be an indicator that the VMS or network is under heavy load and is unable to process the data the camera is sending out. If these figures become excessive, the stream may stop/restart.
- Ask if they switch the camera to a UDP stream.